This is a rare to become a Farm Apprentice. You will work under the direction of the Farm Manager and Farm Assistant to ensure livestock are adequately fed, watered and cleaned out, and support farm related teaching and learning to school pupils.
Duties will include:
- Livestock welfare; feeding, watering, growing, cleaning of shelters, poo picking, animal handling
- Ensuring plants in the polytunnel are watered and fed
- Cultivation and maintenance of crops in the horticultural area
- To help maintain all paddocks, garden areas and paths
- To assist in keeping all farm buildings and land clean and tidy, and in a good state of repair
- To assist in supporting learning activities for pupils
- To support students with fundraising activities
- To support the work of the school Young Farmers Club
- Working in a safe and responsible manner paying attention to all Health & Safety procedures operating within the school
- Carrying out adhoc instruction as directed by the Farm Manager relating to farm-based duties
Apprenticeship Standard: Animal Care and Welfare Assistant Level 2
Don’t delay - for more information and to apply direct click here
CLOSING DATE: 1st December 2019
If the link above no longer works then this vacancy has closed, please visit our Jobs Board for all of our current vacancies.