You will be employed by SEAC (an approved Apprenticeship Training Agency) to complete an Advanced Early Years Educator Apprenticeship on placement with a wonderful school in Bognor Regis.
An excellent opportunity to learn all aspects of a Nursery Assistant within a well-established and highly regarded Nursery School. Under the direction of the Senior Management Team and Lead Practitioner, you will support staff to undertake classroom duties and assist colleagues in the day to day needs of the pupils in their care.
Full training and support will be given to carry out the following main duties and responsibilities:
- To follow and execute the policies and action plans relevant to the Nursery School and Orchard Room Provision
- Support an environment in which each child’s all round development is fostered
- Supporting the Teaching Staff and Nursery Nurses, carry out activities that are designed to ensure that all children’s developmental needs are met
- Help maintain good order among the children to ensure their wellbeing and safety (adhering to relevant policies including Health & Safety, Child Protection etc.)
- Observe play and behaviour and report your observations to each child’s Key Worker
- Encourage close involvement of parents and carers in all aspects of their child’s development and nursery activities
- At all times, demonstrate respect for children’s life experience and diversity in terms of language, ability, culture, race and religion
- Help maintain the classrooms including appropriate displays and equipment
- Attend staff meetings, in-service training and other professional development opportunities as required
- Support the team by setting up the dining area, including helping to prepare food and clearing away at the end of mealtimes, load the dishwasher/washing machine and wash up as required
- Undertake any other tasks necessary to maintain the wellbeing of the children and ensure the smooth running of the nursery
(Please do not contact the school direct)
- Good people and communication skills
- Able to develop relationships with children, colleagues, parents and carers.
- Able to work well in a team
- Able to work on own initiative where appropriate.
- Attention to detail and able to make observations of the children and report to Key Workers.
- Ability to interact with young children and engage with them in play
- Bright and eager to learn
- Warm, friendly nature
- Good communicator
- Good with young children
- Childcare Level 2
- GCSE’s grades A - C or Grade 4 and above (or equivalent) including maths, English
- 30 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am-4pm (Term Time Only)
Please note - if the above link no longer works the vacancy has now closed.