Great opportunity to complete an Intermediate Business Administration Apprenticeship on placement with a lovely school in Strood, Rochester. Earn, Learn and get some amazing work experience.
The school office is a fast paced environment where no two days are ever the same. The team has a wealth of experience and work together each day to ensure that the Headteacher and class teachers are well supported and free from as many administrative tasks as possible, to focus on leading the school and teaching the pupils respectively.
The successful post holder will need to be approachable and flexible and bring their smile to work with them! This position will also quickly teach the ability to multitask. Despite the school being a fast paced environment, the special pupils provide the motivation for delivering a high standard of work within set timelines.
Working as part of the school office team to provide administrative support to the school, the post holder will work alongside 3 Clerical Officers, Personal Assistant to Headteacher and Finance Officer.
Reporting to the School Business Manager, duties will include:
- Operating the switchboard, passing on messages and recording calls
- Opening and distributing post
- Carrying out school reception duties, receiving and welcoming visitors to the school
- Providing visitor hospitality
- Using office equipment such as printers, photocopiers and fax machines
- Typing documents, to include; letters, meeting minutes and file notes
- Generation of simple reports
- Keeping pupils’ files well organised
- Pupil registration and preparation of pupil lunch numbers
- Monitoring of stationery supplies
- Working in a safe and responsible manner paying attention to all Health & Safety procedures operating within the school
- Carrying out adhoc instruction as directed by the Business Manager related to office duties
Full training will be provided
Please do not contact the school direct.
- Good general level of education
- Professional approach to the workplace
- Computer literacy and good typing skills
- The ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- An organised approach and excellent time management skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Well presented with a welcoming, friendly manner
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Eager to learn
- Good listener
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s grades A - C or Grade 4 and above (or equivalent) including maths, English and ICT.
37 hours per week, Monday to Thursday from 8am to 4pm and Friday from 8am to 3.30pm (Term Time Only).
Please note: If the above link no longer works then the vacancy has closed