Vacancy Reference: 1632671
You will be employed by SEAC (an approved Apprenticeship Training Agency) to complete a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard Apprenticeship on placement with a school in Strood near Rochester.
Working as part of the class team to provide teaching assistant support to the pupils, the post holder will work under the direction of the class teacher, alongside other Teaching Assistants.
Duties will include:
- Participation in the implementation of Individual Education Plans covering both practical and academic skills
- Assisting with the personal care needs of pupils (feeding, toileting, dressing etc.)
- Assisting pupils with PSHCE education
- Accompanying teachers on educational visits and off site activities
- Supporting therapy provision
- Maintaining classroom resources and ensuring the classroom is kept tidy
- Supervising pupils during breaks and lunchtimes
- Implementing school policy in regard to pupil arrival and departure times
- Following the school behaviour policy and ensuring a consistent approach to behaviour management of pupils is delivered
- Taking part in class team meetings
- Participation in the school Performance Management scheme and training related to the role
- To work in a responsible and safe manner, paying attention to all Health and Safety procedures operating within the school
- To present the school in a positive way in the community
- To respect the confidential nature of all information acquired in the performance of the job, either verbally or in writing
- To assist in the provision of a high quality educational experience for all children
Each class caters for up to 8 pupils who have either Severe Learning Difficulties, or Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties as their primary need. In addition, they might have a number of other diagnosis’s (autism, multi-sensory impairment, complex medical needs, etc). The class will work together as a team to teach the pupils in all areas of the National Curriculum, and support them in the development of life skills.
The successful post holder will need to be approachable and flexible, and bring their smile to work with them! This position will quickly teach the postholder to work both independently and as part of both class and whole school teams.
Working at Abbey Court will teach, challenge, and in line with our school motto, “grow you” as a person.
Working week: 32.5 hours per week Term Time Only. Monday to Friday, 8.45am - 3.45pm.
Apprenticeship qualification included: Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard Apprenticeship (expected duration: 18 months)
•Interest in, and enthusiasm for, working with children with special educational needs
•The ability to be an effective team member
•The ability to follow instruction/direction from a range of professionals
•The ability to form good relationships with pupils of all ages
•The ability to observe and record relevant oral or written comments about pupils’ behaviour, progress and development
•Ability to remain level-headed in a crisis
•Good organisational skills
•Ability to take the initiative when required
•The possession of a child-centred philosophy
•A professional approach and attitude
•A flexible approach
•Eager to learn
Minimum of 3 GCSE’s grades A*-C, 9-4 (or equivalent) including Maths, English.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY CLICK HERE
If the link no longer works then the vacancy has closed.