SEAC are looking to employ an Apprentice School Caretaker, two Learning Support Assistant Apprentices and an Apprentice School Administrator. These positions will be based at a wonderful school in Hythe.
Brockhill Park is an 11-19 academy with Performing Arts and Rural Dimension status. It is a popular school of 1300 students situated in rural surroundings on the edge of the Cinque Port of Hythe.
An excellent opportunity to join site support team in a secondary school context. The school has a working farm and part of the role will be supporting this area of the school.
Full training and support will be given to carry out a range of tasks to include:
- Carrying out general maintenance inspections and work as required, e.g. defects to building, furniture, fittings, lighting and equipment
- Preparation of Hall for functions as required including moving of furniture
- Litter picking and cleaning of selected areas
- Keeping the environment safe and secure
- Understanding of H & S Regulations
- Dealing with delivery of supplies and orders appropriately
- Working on the school farm
- Other general tasks in line with a caretaker’s role as requested by staff
Apprenticeship type - Intermediate Facilities Operative Apprenticeship
You will work under the direction of the class teacher and other support staff to undertake classroom support duties and assist the class teacher in the day to day needs of the pupils in their care, to enable the teacher to implement the curriculum and respond to the pupil’s needs.
Full training and support will be given to carry out the following main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide support for pupils, teachers, and the school curriculum
- To follow the school policy on Equal Opportunities
- To be aware of, and have regard to, the Health and Safety policy of the school. To ensure that agreed procedures are followed in the event of an accident or incident
- To undertake additional duties as required commensurate with the level of the job
- To maintain complete confidentiality on all school matters
Apprenticeship type - Advanced Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship
A great opportunity to learn office skills in a small and friendly team whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. If you are organised, professional and want to start a career in Business and Administration then this is the Apprenticeship for you!
Full training and support will be given to carry out a range of Administrative tasks to include:
- Reception duties for parents and visitors
- Work in the student office including tracking of student information and filing
- Reprographics work (photocopying and scanning)
- Examinations support
- Finance duties
- Attendance tracking
- Circulating agendas and minutes
- General support for sending letters, publishing of newsletters, communication with parents and others
- Ordering of stock for teaching and site
Apprenticeship type - Intermediate Business Administration Apprenticeship
Click on the job title links above for more information and to apply direct.
CLOSING DATE: 18th AUGUST 2019