The successful applicants will be employed by SEAC (a well-established Apprenticeship Training Agency) to complete the relevant Apprenticeship on placement with a lovely school in Bedford.
A popular Bedford school is looking to support a School Administrator Apprentice and an Apprentice Primary Teaching Assistant. The school is situated in a lovely part of Bedford, close to the town centre. They have two growing and well-resourced sites that serve a richly diverse and vibrant community. South site is where the younger pupils start their journey in nursery or reception and the North site provides continuity from Year 5 onwards. Pupils, parents, staff and visitors alike comment that there is a tangible sense of happiness and joy in every part of school.
This is a great opportunity to start your administrative career in a term-time only role and achieve an Advanced Business Administrator Apprenticeship. Supporting the day to day running of the school the main duties include:
- Supporting the Attendance Officer with attendance including collating termly attendance information
- Front of House for parents and visitors
- Working in the main school office including the school library
- Adding school events to the school calendar and arrange meetings between parents and tutors
- Administering parents evening bookings
- Assisting with new parents information evenings
- Taking meeting notes of staff briefings
- Reprographics work
- General support for letters and communication with parents and staff
- Receiving and distributing the school post
- Taking responsibility for the lost property
- Helping with school displays
- Answering the telephone and general filing
A fantastic opportunity to commence a career as a teaching assistant and learn all aspects of the role within a well-established school and achieve an Advanced Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship. Duties include:
- Attending to the educational, personal and social needs of pupils and any other requirements depending on the pupil’s special needs and, wherever possible, make these part of the learning experience (this may include toileting, other hygiene needs, help with dressing and/or assisting with feeding if necessary).
- Promoting and supporting the inclusion of all pupils in the learning activities in which they are involved.
- Assisting with preparation for school visits and the supervision of pupils on such visits, in liaison with the Educational Visits Coordinator.
- Assist in maintaining classroom discipline by working with individual and groups of pupils in developing expectations of acceptable personal and social behaviour and helping make them part of the learning experience.
- Supporting the teaching of literacy, numeracy or other specific curriculum areas/specialisms as required and agreed with the Primary SENDCo.
- Full training will be provided.
Future prospects for both roles: Subject to successful completion, business need and budget there may be progression or permanent employment opportunities.
Apply direct using the links in the job titles or visit our jobsboard. Please note that if the links no longer work then the vacancies have closed.