The successful applicant will be employed by SEAC (a well-established Apprenticeship Training Agency) to complete an Advanced Early Years Educator Apprenticeship on placement with a lovely school in Burnham, Slough.
The role of the Nursery Assistant is to work alongside other staff to ensure all children attending Lent Rise Nursery receive high quality care, are kept safe and are provided with planned and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs and support all aspects of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum.
This role will also give you the opportunity to develop communication skills as you take on the role of ‘key worker’ to a small group of children. As a ‘key worker’ you will develop meaningful relationship with the child and their family while forming a comprehensive picture of the child through observations and experiences.
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children place in the setting
- To give support and work as part of a team with the Nursery Lead and other staff within the setting and school
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn
- Engage with children in learning and play activities
- Complete informative observations on all pupils in the setting
- To build and maintain strong partnerships, working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Attend and participate in regular meetings
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
- To advise nursery lead / DSL of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
There is a good possibility, for the right person, to gain a permanent position with this school on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Click here for full details and to apply for this opportunity.
Closing date 25th April 2021
(If the link no longer works then the vacancy is closed - you can see our other vacancies here)