The successful applicant will be employed by SEAC (a well-established Apprenticeship Training Agency) on placement with a Managed Services provider that specialises in cloud technology, wireless solutions and LAN management, offering tailor-made solutions and consultancy to companies nationwide.
Working within the IT Support department alongside experienced IT engineers, you will be mentored and trained. You will assist with customer and internal IT issues or requests in a timely and efficient manner in line with agreed processes and client service level agreements. To ensure the highest levels of customer service are being provided.
Day to day duties will include:
- To prioritise and progress all tickets either from customers or internal colleagues taking ownership of the ticket throughout its lifecycle
- To assist and carry out full and thorough investigations of tickets raised, ensuring that issues are correctly diagnosed and resolved to the customers’ and/or colleagues’ satisfaction
- To liaise with Help Desk Engineers or external software providers where necessary to effectively resolve IT issues
- Maintain regular communication with the customer throughout the ticket’s lifecycle
- Help to ensure faults are progressed and closed (with the customer’s agreement) within the agreed SLA terms
- To test and fix faulty equipment
- To escalate IT issues where necessary to the Help Desk Manager
- To proactively analyse customer call logs to identify any common faults and potential underlying IT issues
- As part of the Help Desk team, share knowledge and information with other colleagues and providing support/cover/handovers as required
- To maintain and develop one’s own technical knowledge and skills to assist with the identification and fixing of customer’s IT issues
- To comply with both Virtual MSP and the Customer’s Health and Safety procedures when operating on a customer’s site
- As you progress through the apprenticeship there will be the potential of attending and working on customer sites to provide dedicated on site resource, for and on behalf of the company
Full training will be provided and you will complete a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship.
Click here for more details and to apply for this opportunity.
Closing date 4th October 2020