The successful applicant will be employed by SEAC (a well-established Apprenticeship Training Agency) to complete an Advanced Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship on placement with an 11-19 Academy with Performing Arts and Rural Dimension status. It is a popular school of approximately 1300 students situated in rural surroundings on the edge of the Cinque Port of Hythe.
You will work under the direction of the class teacher and other support staff, you will undertake classroom support duties and assist the class teacher in the day to day needs of the pupils in their care, to enable the teacher to implement the curriculum and respond to the pupil’s needs.
Full training and support will be given to carry out the following main duties and responsibilities:
- To maintain complete confidentiality on all school matters
- To provide support for pupils, teachers, and the school curriculum
- To carry out school policy as documented and/or as directed by the Principal
- To present the school in a positive way in the community
- To be aware of the sensitive nature of information learning during the course of duties and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- To follow the school policy on Equal Opportunities
- To be aware of, and have regard to, the Health and Safety policy of the school. To ensure that agreed procedures are followed in the event of an accident or incident
- To undertake additional duties as required commensurate with the level of the job.
This role may secure a full time position within the college for the right person on completion of their apprenticeship, although this cannot be guaranteed.
Click here for full details and to apply for this opportunity.
Closing date 28th February 2021
(If the link no longer works then the vacancy is closed - you can see our other vacancies here)