It is prudent to take notice of the advice being share by the government health officials, please take the time to read the information on the attached link, and take practical precautions to help keep virus free.
Ways to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus include:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Check if you need medical help
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
The Department for Education (DfE)
The DfE has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and students can contact the helpline by telephone and email:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
The helpline is open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
The government will continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 and take further action as needed. You can find the latest information and advice on COVID-19 and the latest guidance for educational settings on the GOV.UK website.
We do hope that everyone stays in good health.