Receive training in a wide variety of areas and gain a fantastic amount of experience within this industry, whilst attaining a nationally recognized Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship qualification.
Location: London EC1R 4RR
Allocator are keen to expand their Investment and Data Analytics team. You will join a team of 3 data professionals that will help you succeed in a role that will involve a variety of tasks focused on expanding and maintaining their Funds platform. You can expect to deal with large amounts of data regarding the performance attribution and exposure of thousands of hedge funds and participate in the creation of reports for our clients.
You will work in a dynamic environment in a role that encompasses:
- Processing and analysing Hedge fund and Investment related data.
- Maintenance of the online database, contributing to both developing new processes and updating hedge fund positioning.
- Contribution towards product development, developing new features and Functionality for the online platform.
Skills you will learn:
- You will develop an understanding of different investment strategies and Asset classes and how to capture their risk.
- You will become an advanced MS Excel user by managing large amounts Of data and helping to build bespoke client reports.
- You will learn to work in a dynamic environment by interacting with other Departments in the company like the Product Development or Client Success teams.
- You will be exposed to programming languages (i.e. Ruby) and you will Learn how to create your own scripts that will contribute towards the Automation of the data management process.
- £17,000 to £18,000 per year
- 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am-6pm
- Apprentices can expect to be offered a permanent contract upon the successful completion of the 18-month apprenticeship.
About the Candidate
- Candidates must be familiar with MS Excel.
- Candidates must possess a strong academic background
- It is desirable that candidates have an interest in finance/investment management
- It would be a plus if candidates have had some prior exposure to
- Any programming language (Ruby, python, SQL, VBA).
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- A good level of English spelling and grammar
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Bright and eager to learn
- Team Player
- Trust Worthy
- 2x A Levels (including maths or ICT)
- OR A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- OR A BTEC Extended Diploma (180 credits) in ICT
VACANCY CLOSING DATE: 30th June 2019
For more information email Lisa firstname.lastname@example.org