You will be employed by SEAC (an approved Apprenticeship Training Agency) to complete an Intermediate Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food Production on placement with a lovely school in Bognor Regis.
Under the direction of the lead Practitioner you will help to provide support across the centre with mealtime preparations and arrangements, laundry and dishwashing duties.
Duties to include:
- Follow food hygiene procedures such as cleaning schedules and recording temperature
- Maintain excellent standard of food hygiene practice at all times
- Clear away the dirty dishes during mealtimes in conjunction with the Co-ordinator
- Monitor loss or breakage of meal time equipment and inform the Lead Practitioner or Co-ordinator of any new or replacement equipment required
- Help celebrate cultural and religious diversity
- Encourage children to be independent in meeting their own needs and considerate towards others
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness
- Support the team to ensure environment is prepared for the next session
- Carry out routine maintenance of dishwashers, washing machines and other kitchen equipment when appropriate
- Clear trolleys after mealtime, wash dishes and return all items to correct storage areas.
- Maintain laundry areas throughout the Nursery/Orchard Room, washing, folding and returning laundry to appropriate areas
- Prepare and serve mid-day meals for children across the provision, ensuring meals are served on time and at appropriate temperatures, making substitute meal for children with allergies or dietary requirements
- Ordering meals from contractor weekly and ordering milk weekly
- Use and maintain dishwasher on a regular basis, salting, filtering and cleaning
- Undertake any other tasks or duties as may reasonably expected of the job holder
- Help take delivery of food and maintaining an overview of stock, rotating food and making Lead Practitioner aware of any replacement and purchases required
Full training will be provided.
Apprenticeship qualification included: Intermediate Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food Production (expected duration: 12 months)
• Good communication skills
• A Food Hygiene Certificate or willingness to undertake this
• Knowledge of food hygiene and safety procedures
• Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
• Good organisational skills to work methodically through tasks
• Able to show initiative in offering support to meal time supervisor
• Desirable: Some catering experience / Experience working with children
• Work well within a team
• Calm disposition
• Willing to learn
• Friendly and helpful
Good level of maths, English and ICT with grades A-C or Grade 9-4 and above (or equivalent).
30 hours per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9.30am-3pm and Wednesday 9am-5.30pm)
Please note: If the above link no longer works then the vacancy has closed