What is the bucksinspired traineeship programme?
An education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and set you up for your career journey. Many young people who have completed traineeships have gone on to successfully apply for a paid apprenticeship .
Bucksinspired Traineeships include:
- A high quality work experience placement with an employer, providing real insight and experience into the world of work
- Employability skills workshops.These are fun, practical sessions lead by our youth work staff
- English and maths skills support from Buckinghamshire Adult Learning (if you do not have A*-C grade GCSE)
- Individual support from a youth worker throughout the programme
- A level 1 qualification in Employability Skills
When and where?
12 weeks – Starting 21st August 2017
The first 4 weeks of the traineeships will consist of employability skills workshops, getting you ready for your work experience placement. Then for the remainder of the traineeship you will continue to get support from the youth work staff for one day a week, you will spend 3 days out on work experience and, if you need to, you will spend one day doing maths and english skills workshops.
Each day will be 10am-4pm
The venues for employability skills, maths and english are in Aylesbury. The work experience opportunities are across Buckinghamshire.
Am I eligible for a traineeship programme?
Are you motivated to work? Are you currently not in a job or have little work experience? Are you aged 16 to 24? Are you qualified no higher than level 2 (GCSE)?
If you answered yes to these – you are eligible.
Will I get paid?
This traineeship opportunity is unwaged. However, you may be supported with expenses such as meals and transport. Of course this experience will better enable you to get paid employment afterwards. If you are currently claiming Job Seekers allowance you can participate in our traineeship for up to 30 hours per week and your benefits will be unaffected.
What will my work experience placement involve?
We have a number of employers across Buckinghamshire who are keen to offer work experience placements to the right trainee. We will endeavour to match you with an employer to suit your interests and skills.
- You will attend your placement for 8 weeks for 3 days per week
- We have all sorts of opportunities so this is an exciting chance to gain practical experience in an area you are interested in.
- You will receive coaching and training from an identified mentor in the business, receiving support and feedback to help you on your journey to your chosen career.
At the end of the placement you may be offered an interview for a position within the business. However, if no apprenticeship or job opportunity exists within the business, the employer will conduct a professional discussion with you and provide a written reference to help you secure either an apprenticeship or employment elsewhere.
If you would like to know more about bucksinspired traineeships or would like to apply please contact:
Katy Moore (Youth Service)