You will be employed by SEAC (an approved Apprenticeship Training Agency) to complete an Advanced Teaching Assistant Standard Apprenticeship.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join these OFSTED “Good” graded schools as an apprentice, supporting the physical development in young people across both Shillington and Stondon Lower Schools, to do an Advanced Apprenticeship.
You will provide all-round support to the PE teaching staff from Pre-school to Year 4 and develop your own skills in a wide variety of tasks.
The role will involve preparation of equipment and supporting the class teacher in providing outstanding PE lessons for all children. You will also have the opportunity to lead games and physical activities inside and out and lunch times. This will also involve supporting PE as part of our daily After School Club provision. In addition to this, some of your time will be spent supporting the Subject Leader in organising resources, undertaking admin tasks and attending sports competitions out of school.
Daily duties will include:
- Running lunchtime sports clubs and after school club session – such as rounders, football, basketball, team games, trim trail activities – providing structure and leadership to informal games, encouraging participation and team work
- Working alongside and supporting qualified class teachers in outstanding PE lessons
- Preparation of equipment for lessons and lunch times
- Attend interschool events and fixtures either at home or away during the school day
- Organise equipment stores and check all resources to make sure it is clean, safe and ready for use
- Occasional admin tasks such as maintaining club registers and preparing / updating the PE notice board
- Supporting year 3 and 4 children to lead as ‘playleaders’ at lunchtimes by helping them to organise equipment and giving encouragement
- Supporting the Midday Supervisors with Active Play sessions
- Supporting class teachers in all other lessons when needed
- You will also have the opportunity to contribute ideas and enhance the sports delivery in the school, and to plan and deliver activities of your own.
Full training will be given and you will have a designated member of staff to guide and mentor you throughout your apprenticeship.
- Ability to comply fully with school procedures and safeguarding children guidelines (training will be provided)
- Well organised and proactive
- Physically fit, active and health conscious
- Self-motivated and works on own initiative
- Literacy and numeracy to a good standard
- ICT Literate
- Ability to drive is an advantage but not essential.
- Reliable and punctual – absolutely essential
- Adaptable and flexible – absolutely essential
- Confident communicator with children and adults
- Committed and dedicated
- Self -motivated
- Passionate about a variety of sports and providing PE and School Sport for all children regardless of their ability or background
- Able to work on own initiative as required
- Good rapport with children and adults
- Ability to act as positive role model
- Sense of humour
5 GCSEs at grade A- C/4-9 or equivalent, including English and maths.
30 hours per week, Term Time Only. Monday to Friday between 10am-5pm (some flexibility in working hours may be required to allow for out-of-school-hours sporting fixtures.)
Vacancy Reference: 1634191 - APPLY NOW
Please note: If the above link no longer works then the vacancy has closed