You have impressed with your application and been invited to interview so now is the time to show why you are the best candidate:
Prior to the interview it is essential that you do some research and make sure that you are ready:
- Read up on the Company
- Read through the job description and note how your skills apply (find some examples)
- Prepare some answers to example interview questions
- Think of some questions you could ask that will show your keenness for the apprenticeship
On the Day of the Interview
Try not to be nervous, you are attending the interview to show that you are capable of fulfilling the role and are the Apprentice that you believe they are looking for:
- Dress appropriately
- Arrive in good time for the interview (5-10 minutes early)
- Switch off your mobile phone
- Be courteous to everyone you meet at the Company
- Relax and THINK POSITIVELY!
Take a deep breath, go into the interview and shine:
- Create a good first impression - firm handshake, maintain eye contact and smile!
- Listen - show interest but don't allow your enthusiasm to express yourself get in the way of listening
- Think before answering - don't feel awkward if you need to take a few seconds to arrange your thoughts to answer a question
- Respond - look at the person you are speaking to
- Above all BE YOURSELF!
Remember – If at first you don’t succeed, try again!
You may not be successful in every interview but don’t allow it to knock your confidence. Learn from the experience, request interview feedback and take on board any advice. The next interview could land you your dream Apprenticeship.