Ten years ago, SEAC was founded with the main goal of helping organisations to create apprenticeship opportunities and young people the chance to start a career. We remain firmly committed to promoting apprenticeships and bridging the gap to make the process easier and more effective.
Below we have collected 10 of our most memorable moments from the last 10 years. As we look back, we would like to thank our customers, apprentices, supporters, and those who believe in what we are working so hard to accomplish. We appreciate your continued support and look forward to an exciting future.
1. SEAC are one of the first 5 original Apprenticeship Training Agencies to be set up in England and despite the uncertainty of Brexit, the challenges of the Apprenticeship Levy and the move to Apprenticeship Standards, we are still going strong!
2. Since the start of our journey we have employed over 1200 (1126) Apprentices and helped approximately 250 organisations to support an apprentice in their workplace.
3. In 2014 we started working with a global business and have so far employed 105 apprentices on placement at various locations across the UK. Apprenticeship types include: Science/Laboratory, Engineering, Accounts, IT, Marketing and Business. This also includes several apprentices who have progressed right through from Level 3 to Degree apprenticeships.
4. We supported the UKs largest pet superstore to invest in an apprenticeship program. It all started when we introduced the concept and employed 125 Dog Grooming Apprentices on their behalf across their stores in England. They have now embedded the commitment to apprenticeships in their business and are on their way to achieving the goal of having an apprentice in every store.
5. We introduced our Apprentice of the Month award to recognise and celebrate the achievements of our apprentices.
6. SEAC organised and facilitated a meeting between a Training Provider and several of our Host Schools to work on submitting the Teaching Assistant Standard. We wanted to make sure that the valuable experience of the Supporting Teaching and Learning Apprenticeship framework was replaced with a quality apprenticeship standard.
7. Since the introduction of Degree Apprenticeships we have employed and supported 6 apprentices to pursue their dream degree with a Level 6 apprenticeship.
8. To reduce our carbon footprint SEAC went paperless in 2018, moving all of our documents to a secure online platform.
9. SEAC achieved the Disability Confident Committed standard to show that we are dedicated to equality in the workplace.
10. We introduced an independent Employee Assistance Programme because we are committed to the health and wellbeing of our employees.
The last 10 years have been an incredible experience and the next 10 promise to be just as exciting!
Celebrate with us and stay tuned for more updates as we help more organisations and apprentices to develop and succeed. If you would like to find out about joining us and supporting an apprentice in your workplace please contact us email@example.com